Your own maypole
IT’S EASY TO MAKE YOUR MAYPOLE USING PIPE CLEANERS AND PLASTIC FLOWERS, AND YOU CAN ALSO USE LEAVES AND FLOWERS FROM YOUR OWN GARDEN TO DECORATE AROUND IT.
Have you tried this decorating tip? Or have you created something else for your doll’s house? Share your photos on Instagram, tag them #lundbydiy !
- 1 Cut the wooden sticks so they make a nice cross. Decorate them in green felt using the glue. Using a little more felt, cut out some small leaves and glue them onto the maypole.
- 2 Wrap the green embroidery yarn around the whole maypole – it’s best to use a shade of green lighter than the felt. Fasten the sticks in the cross shape and then tie them together using the yarn.
- 3 Take a green pipe cleaner, cut it in half and make two round rings. Take the flowers, and wrap the wire around the ring so the flowers end up right in the front.
- 4 Attach the rings onto the far ends of the horizontal sticks using the embroidery yarn.
- 5 Raise your maypole and fasten it into the wooden wheel.
This is what you need
- Two thin wooden sticks (from an arts and crafts store)
- A piece of green felt fabric
- A green embroidery yarn
- A wooden wheel (from an arts and crafts store)
- Metal wire flowers (from an arts and crafts store)
- An embroidery needle
- Green pipe cleaners